• To apply principles of surveying.
• Have the ability to apply knowledge of control surveys and their use in advanced branches.
• To develop skills to use modern tools in related field problems
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To implement and demonstrate survey schemes using, control surveys, software, GPS etc.
CLO: 2. To implement and demonstrate survey schemes using control survey, software, GPS etc.
CLO: 3. To prepare the lab and field works in a field book and/or manual.
CLO: 4. To clarify and justify survey methods during the conduct of experiments.
- Introduction to Total Station and determination of
- Angles Between Survey Stations by Repetition and Reiteration Method.
- Coordinates of Different Points from Known Point.
- Height of Building Using Remote Elevation Measurement (REM) Program of Total Station.
- Horizontal Distance, Slope Distance and Vertical Distance in Different Units Between Survey Stations.
- Determine Horizontal Distance, Slope Distance and Elevation Difference Between Two Inaccessible Points Using Missing Line Measurement (MLM) Program of Total Station.
- Determine Area of Given Closed Traverse Using Total Station.
- Determine Vertical and Horizontal Distance Between Survey Stations Using Tangential Method of Tachometric Surveying.
- Setting Out of Simple Circular Curve by Rankine Method of Tangential Angle.
- Creating Contours, Profile and Cross-Section Using Engle Point Software.
- Introduction to Global Positioning System (GPS).